Hotel & Motel Insurance Programs
Running a hotel or motel is a big endeavor, but one that could be quite lucrative within the hospitality industry. With the right hotel insurance policy, you can protect the interests of your business and minimize financial risks that you may face. Below are a few of the coverage options that can help safeguard your hotel from unforeseen losses.
- Property: From the carpeting to the flat screen TVs in each room, your hotel or motel is filled with physical assets that could sustain damages. This coverage helps fund their repair or replacement.
- General Liability: Offers protection against the financial consequences of a guest or other third party suffering a loss on hotel property.
- Equipment Breakdown: A broken cooktop or air conditioning system could result in a loss of revenue. This coverage helps fund repairs so you can get back to business.
- Utility Interruption: If a utility outage affects business, this coverage option can help cover the associated loss of revenue. Depending on your policy, it may also help relocate guests if the outage is significant.
- Event Cancellation: If a covered event forces the hotel to cancel a scheduled event that would’ve otherwise brought in revenue, this coverage option can help cover the losses.
- Foodborne Illness Liability: Protects you from financial liabilities stemming from contaminated food offered by your hotel’s restaurant or room service.
- Liquor Liability: Often mandatory if your hotel has a bar, this coverage protects your business from damages and other losses associated with intoxicated guests.
- Commercial Auto: If your hotel provides limo or shuttle services, your vehicles will need to be insured according to your state’s laws.
- Crime: Offers financial protection in the event that guests or employees steal from the hotel, or commit other types of crimes.
The right policy can help your hotel stay in business for years to come. But with so many types and sizes of hotels, it’s crucial to ensure that you have the right coverage options and limits for your business. Exceed Insurance's skilled agents can help you build a hotel insurance policy that best meets your needs. Contact Exceed Insurance today to get started.
Exceed Insurance is a proud member of the Asian American Hotel Owners Association.