Washington Gas Station Insurance Programs
Washington State Gas Station Industry Snapshot
- Washington state has 940 fueling stations offering alternative fuels and they have 1 Clean City Coalition
- Washington state has 42 laws and incentives that relate to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles
Washington State Gas Station/Convenience Store Insurance Programs
Gas stations and convenience stores, no matter where they are located, face risks that might impact their ability to operate. Such risks may harm the business’ property, assets, profits and clients.
Each station in Washington state faces unique risks compared to every other location. You might own a store in Seattle or one in Spokane. Needless to say, these two locations vary considerably. Therefore, their business insurance policies should vary.
If you work with Exceed Insurance, our agents will take your localized and specialty risks into account when issuing a policy. Below are some of our coverage options that can help safeguard your Washington state gas station or convenience store:
- Property Coverage: Protects your building and your business’ personal property. Should you face a hazard, coverage can help you make repairs. Our property coverage form helps fund repairs from pumps and canopies to fuel tanks and inventory.
- Business Income Coverage: A peril may mean you have to suspend operations. This could lead to a loss of revenue. Business income coverage can help you sustain any losses.
- Equipment Breakdown: Broken air conditioning systems, refrigeration, and cooktops can all be costly expenditures without the right insurance. This coverage helps fund repairs so you don’t lose revenue fixing it alone.
- General Liability: Guests or other third parties who suffer a loss on your property because of any negligence may seek damages. This could be as simple as a slip and fall from a wet floor. This coverage offers protection against these financial consequences.
- Employment Practices Liability: Employee allegations of discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment or other employment issues can lead to costly legal fees. This coverage can help alleviate the cost.
- Commercial Crime: Theft is a real risk in gas stations, from both employees and customers. They may commit various other criminal acts as well. This coverage offers financial protection in these circumstances.
- Pollution Liability: Whether you experience a gasoline leak or some other event that can be classified as pollution, this coverage can help pay the associated expenses.
- Workers’ Compensation: Washington state law requires businesses to carry workers’ compensation insurance not only to protect the business from lawsuits, but to also protect injured workers.
The Exceed Insurance team understands that each policy must be unique to the policyholder. First, we will work with Washington state gas station owners to understand their operational risks. We can then issue a policy that adequately meets coverage and affordability requirements. We collaborate with multiple, nationally-recognized insurance brands. We can help you get the policy that bests suits you.
Our skilled agents can help you build gas station or convenience store insurance policy that is right for you. Contact us today to get started!