Texas Gas Station Insurance Programs
Texas Gas Station Industry Snapshot
- Texas has 1,852 fueling stations with alternative fuels and 4 Clean City Coalitions
- Texas has 21 laws and incentives that relate to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles
Texas Gas Station/Convenience Store Insurance Programs
Texas, the Lone Star State, has thousands of miles of roads and millions of drivers. The oil and gas industry is a cornerstone of the state’s economy. Therefore, running a gas station can often be a very profitable endeavor in this vast economic climate.
Nonetheless, Texas gas station owners must invest in appropriate levels of business insurance to protect their assets, customers and property. If a hazard strikes your gas station, you may be able to use your insurance to cover lost costs.
As an experienced, independent agency, Exceed Insurance can help Texas gas station owners find the right policies to protect their businesses. Some of the policy options you might consider are:
- Property Coverage: Protects your building and your business’ personal property. Should you face a hazard, coverage can help you make repairs. Our property coverage form helps fund repairs from pumps and canopies to fuel tanks and inventory.
- Business Income Coverage: A peril may mean you have to suspend operations. This could lead to a loss of revenue. Business income coverage can help you sustain any losses.
- Equipment Breakdown: Broken air conditioning systems, refrigeration, and cooktops can all be costly expenditures without the right insurance. This coverage helps fund repairs so you don’t lose revenue fixing it alone.
- General Liability: Guests or other third parties who suffer a loss on your property because of any negligence may seek damages. This could be as simple as a slip and fall from a wet floor. This coverage offers protection against these financial consequences.
- Employment Practices Liability: Employee allegations of discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment or other employment issues can lead to costly legal fees. This coverage can help alleviate the cost.
- Commercial Crime: Theft is a real risk in gas stations, from both employees and customers. They may commit various other criminal acts as well. This coverage offers financial protection in these circumstances.
- Pollution Liability: Whether you experience a gasoline leak or some other event that can be classified as pollution, this coverage can help pay the associated expenses.
- Workers’ Compensation: Texas law requires businesses to carry workers’ compensation insurance not only to protect the business from lawsuits, but to also protect injured workers.
Drivers can travel a thousand miles, and still be in Texas. That makes the need for a safe, protected gas station industry imperative to the state’s economic function. With the right insurance, gas station owners can keep their businesses operating even after a hazard may cause damage.
Exceed Insurance works with a variety of insurers that have strong presences in Texas, and we understand that no two gas stations are alike. A Dallas gas station owner may need differently-tailored coverage compared to that of a Laredo business. Our team can determine unique policies that adequately cover Texas gas stations, while still getting customers affordable prices.
An agent can help you builda gas station or convenience store insurance policy that is right for you. Contact us today to get started!