Tennessee Gas Station Insurance Programs
Tennessee Gas Station Industry Snapshot
- Tennessee has 661 fueling stations with alternative fuels
- There are two coalitions in the state: East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition and Middle-West Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition
- There are 17 laws and incentives in Tennessee relatives to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles
Tennessee Gas Station/Convenience Store Insurance Programs
Tennessee is a very large and diverse state, spreading from the Smoky Mountains to the Mississippi River. This creates a unique business climate, and a large tourist and travel industry.
If you own a gas station or convenience store in the Volunteer State, you have a good chance of running a profitable operation. However, to protect your profit, you also have to obtain the correct gas station insurance.
No two gas stations are alike, so each operation needs effective coverage that meets its exclusive needs. Exceed Insurance can help Tennessee gas station owners get appropriate coverage for their property, assets and customer liabilities. Your policy may need to include:
- Property Coverage: Protects your building and your business’ personal property. Should you face a hazard, coverage can help you make repairs. Our property coverage form helps fund repairs from pumps and canopies to fuel tanks and inventory.
- Business Income Coverage: A peril may mean you have to suspend operations. This could lead to a loss of revenue. Business income coverage can help you sustain any losses.
- Equipment Breakdown: Broken air conditioning systems, refrigeration, and cooktops can all be costly expenditures without the right insurance. This coverage helps fund repairs so you don’t lose revenue fixing it alone.
- General Liability: Guests or other third parties who suffer a loss on your property because of any negligence may seek damages. This could be as simple as a slip and fall from a wet floor. This coverage offers protection against these financial consequences.
- Employment Practices Liability: Employee allegations of discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment or other employment issues can lead to costly legal fees. This coverage can help alleviate the cost.
- Commercial Crime: Theft is a real risk in gas stations, from both employees and customers. They may commit various other criminal acts as well. This coverage offers financial protection in these circumstances.
- Pollution Liability: Whether you experience a gasoline leak or some other event that can be classified as pollution, this coverage can help pay the associated expenses.
- Workers’ Compensation: Tennessee law requires businesses to carry workers’ compensation insurance not only to protect the business from lawsuits, but to also protect injured workers.
A gas station in Memphis or Nashville likely has a different clientele and faces different operating hazards than gas stations in Chattanooga or Mountain City. Each policy issued by Exceed Insurance will account for your localized needs. By working with multiple insurance carriers with strong local presences, we can better determine how to securely insure each client individually. Therefore, none of our clients will feel like they have inadequate coverage.
One of our agents is ready to help you get a gas station or convenience store insurance policy that is right for you. Contact us today to get started!