Oregon Gas Station Insurance Programs
Oregon Gas Station Industry Snapshot
- Oregon has 704 fueling stations with alternative fuels
- Oregon has two coalitions: Columbia Willamette Clean Cities and Rogue Valley Clean Cities
- There are 25 laws and incentives in Oregon related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles
Oregon Gas Station/Convenience Store Insurance Programs
Gas stations face unique operating risks that could impact their profits, assets and the safety of others. Store owners must protect their operations with the correct forms of business insurance. The gas station industry can be very profitable, but only so long as owners properly cover their operations.
That’s where Exceed Insurance can help. Our team will work with you to find the correct business insurance packages for your gas station. The right policy and coverage can help business owners minimize the damage that a hazard may cause to their operations. Oregon gas stations might need to carry:
- Property Coverage: Protects your building and your business’ personal property. Should you face a hazard, coverage can help you make repairs. Our property coverage form helps fund repairs from pumps and canopies to fuel tanks and inventory.
- Business Income Coverage: A peril may mean you have to suspend operations. This could lead to a loss of revenue. Business income coverage can help you sustain any losses.
- Equipment Breakdown: Broken air conditioning systems, refrigeration, and cooktops can all be costly expenditures without the right insurance. This coverage helps fund repairs so you don’t lose revenue fixing it alone.
- General Liability: Guests or other third parties who suffer a loss on your property because of any negligence may seek damages. This could be as simple as a slip and fall from a wet floor. This coverage offers protection against these financial consequences.
- Employment Practices Liability: Employee allegations of discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment or other employment issues can lead to costly legal fees. This coverage can help alleviate the cost.
- Commercial Crime: Theft is a real risk in gas stations, from both employees and customers. They may commit various other criminal acts as well. This coverage offers financial protection in these circumstances.
- Pollution Liability: Whether you experience a gasoline leak or some other event that can be classified as pollution, this coverage can help pay the associated expenses.
- Workers’ Compensation: Oregon law requires businesses to carry workers’ compensation insurance not only to protect the business from lawsuits, but to also protect injured workers.
Eugene gas stations differ from those in Portland or Redmond. Gas station owners need unique coverage specific to their local risks. Exceed Insurance’s team can work with operators to develop distinct, precise policies that protect the operation’s particular risks.
We are an independent agency and work with multiple, nationally-branded insurance companies. One of our agents can compare the policy options of multiple companies, and help you determine which coverage best suits you.
Our skilled agents can help you build a gas station or convenience store insurance policy that is right for you. Contact us today to get started!