Missouri Gas Station Insurance Programs
Missouri Gas Station Industry Snapshot
- Missouri has 521 fueling stations with alternative fuels. It has two Clean City Coalitions — St. Louis and Kansas City
- Missouri has 14 laws and incentives that relate to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles
Missouri Gas Station/Convenience Store Insurance
Operating a gas station or convenience store in the Show Me State is often very profitable. Gas station owners should invest in appropriate insurance coverage to protect their assets in case an incident occurs.
Exceed Insurance can help Missouri gas station owners find the right insurance policies to protect their businesses. With the correct combination of coverage, you can protect your business’ property and profit.
- Property Coverage: This coverage protects your building and your business’ personal property. Should you face a hazard, coverage can help you make repairs. Our property coverage form helps fund repairs from pumps and canopies to fuel tanks and inventory.
- Business Income Coverage: An incident may mean you have to suspend operations. This could lead to a loss of revenue. Business income coverage can help you sustain any losses.
- Equipment Breakdown: Broken air conditioning systems, refrigeration, and cooktops can all be costly expenditures without the right insurance. This coverage helps fund repairs so you don’t lose revenue fixing it alone.
- General Liability: Guests or other third parties who suffer a loss on your property because of any negligence may seek damages. This could be as simple as a slip and fall from a wet floor. This coverage offers protection against these financial consequences.
- Employment Practices Liability: Employee allegations of discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment or other employment issues can lead to costly legal fees. This coverage can help alleviate the cost.
- Commercial Crime: Theft is a real risk in gas stations, from both employees and customers. They may commit various other criminal acts as well. This coverage offers financial protection in these circumstances.
- Pollution Liability: Whether you experience a gasoline leak or some other event that can be classified as pollution, this coverage can help pay the associated expenses.
- Workers Compensation: Missouri law requires businesses to carry workers compensation insurance not only to protect the business from lawsuits, but to also protect injured workers.
Missouri has long been a crossroads of America, and is home to a vast array of localities. A gas station in a smaller town such as Jefferson City may need different coverage than one in a large city such as St. Louis.
Exceed Insurance works with a variety of insurers that have strong presences in Missouri. Our team can help you get a policy that adequately addresses your needs based on your local risks.
An agent can help you build a gas station or convenience store insurance policy that is right for you. Contact us today to get started!