Michigan Gas Station Insurance Programs
Michigan Gas Station Industry Snapshot
- Michigan has 938 fueling stations that offer alternative fuels. They have three Clean City Coalitions—Lansing, Ann Arbor and Detroit
- Michigan has 13 laws and incentives relating to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles
Michigan Gas Station/Convenience Store Insurance
Every gas station owner in Michigan needs appropriate business insurance. An incident may strike the operation at any time. These hazards could cause significant financial losses. The right insurance can help gas station owners get proper protection for their assets.
Exceed Insurance offers gas station and convenience store insurance policies to help your protect your property, financial assets and other risks. Our policies are unique, effective and will directly reduce the risks a Michigan business owner faces.
- Property Coverage: This coverage protects your building and your business’ personal property. Should you face a hazard, coverage can help you make repairs. Our property coverage form helps fund repairs from pumps and canopies to fuel tanks and inventory.
- Business Income Coverage: An incident may mean you have to suspend operations. This could lead to a loss of revenue. Business income coverage can help you sustain any losses.
- Equipment Breakdown: Broken air conditioning systems, refrigeration, and cooktops can all be costly expenditures without the right insurance. This coverage helps fund repairs so you don’t lose revenue fixing it alone.
- General Liability: Guests or other third parties who suffer a loss on your property because of any negligence may seek damages. This could be as simple as a slip and fall from a wet floor. This coverage offers protection against these financial consequences.
- Employment Practices Liability: Employee allegations of discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment or other employment issues can lead to costly legal fees. This coverage can help alleviate the cost.
- Commercial Crime: Theft is a real risk in gas stations, from both employees and customers. They may commit various other criminal acts as well. This coverage offers financial protection in these circumstances.
- Pollution Liability: Whether you experience a gasoline leak or some other event that can be classified as pollution, this coverage can help pay the associated expenses.
- Workers Compensation: Michigan law requires businesses to carry workers compensation insurance not only to protect the business from lawsuits, but to also protect injured workers.
It is critical that your gas station carry insurance that adequately covers its locational and operational needs. Exceed Insurance works with insurance carriers that have strong, reputable presences throughout Michigan. We can expertly tailor coverage to meet cover the risks of gas stations statewide.
Our skilled agents can help you build a gas station or convenience store insurance policy that is right for you. Contact us today to get started!