Kansas Gas Station Insurance Programs
Kansas Gas Station Industry Snapshot
- Kansas has 288 fueling stations that offer alternative fuels. They have one Clean City Coalition, in Kansas City
- Kansas has 18 laws and incentives related to alternative fuels and fuel-efficient vehicles
Kansas Gas Station/Convenience Store Insurance
Owning a gas station or convenience store often proves a lucrative, profitable endeavor. However, should a hazard affect a gas station’s operations, the losses could become costly.
Exceed Insurance offers a variety of insurance products to help minimize the losses Kansas gas station owners may face. Kansas store owners can tap into the resource base of Exceed Insurance to find the specific policy to best protect their assets.
Some of our policies that can benefit gas stations include:
- Property Coverage: This coverage protects your building and your business’ personal property. Should you face a hazard, coverage can help you make repairs. Our property coverage form helps fund repairs from pumps and canopies to fuel tanks and inventory.
- Business Income Coverage: An incident may mean you have to suspend operations. This could lead to a loss of revenue. Business income coverage can help you sustain any losses.
- Equipment Breakdown: Broken air conditioning systems, refrigeration, and cooktops can all be costly expenditures without the right insurance. This coverage helps fund repairs so you don’t lose revenue fixing it alone.
- General Liability: Guests or other third parties who suffer a loss on your property because of any negligence may seek damages. This could be as simple as a slip and fall from a wet floor. This coverage offers protection against these financial consequences.
- Employment Practices Liability: Employee allegations of discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment or other employment issues can lead to costly legal fees. This coverage can help alleviate the cost.
- Commercial Crime: Theft is a real risk in gas stations, from both employees and customers. They may commit various other criminal acts as well. This coverage offers financial protection in these circumstances.
- Pollution Liability: Whether you experience a gasoline leak or some other event that can be classified as pollution, this coverage can help pay the associated expenses.
- Workers Compensation: Kansas law requires businesses to carry workers compensation insurance not only to protect the business from lawsuits, but to also protect injured workers.
Our agents understand the unique needs faced by Kansas gas station owners. For example, a Leavenworth gas station may face different risks than a store in Wichita. That’s why Exceed Insurance works with multiple insurance companies with strong Kansas ties.
We can help you build a gas station or convenience store insurance policy that is right for you. Contact us today to get started!