Iowa Gas Station Insurance Programs
Iowa Gas Station Industry Snapshot
- Iowa has 391 fueling stations with alternative fuel options and they have 1 Clean City Coalition
- Iowa has 18 laws and incentives that encourage the use of alternative fuels and advanced vehicles
Iowa Gas Station/Convenience Store Insurance Programs
Gas station operations in Iowa can be a profitable endeavor. However, these businesses also face risks that could impact their operations or profitability. Therefore, whether you own a store in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport or elsewhere, you have a critical need for gas station and convenience store insurance.
Exceed Insurance can work with you to find the proper insurance for your business. With the right coverage, you can minimize the impact a hazard might have on your business.
Below are some of our coverage options that can help safeguard your gas station or convenience store from unforeseen losses in Iowa.
- Property Coverage: This coverage protects your building and your business’ personal property. Should you face a hazard, coverage can help you make repairs. Our property coverage form helps fund repairs from pumps and canopies to fuel tanks and inventory.
- Business Income Coverage: An incident may mean you have to suspend operations. This could lead to a loss of revenue. Business income coverage can help you sustain any losses.
- Equipment Breakdown: Broken air conditioning systems, refrigeration, and cooktops can all be costly expenditures without the right insurance. This coverage helps fund repairs so you don’t lose revenue fixing it alone.
- General Liability: Guests or other third parties who suffer a loss on your property because of any negligence may seek damages. This could be as simple as a slip and fall from a wet floor. This coverage offers protection against these financial consequences.
- Employment Practices Liability: Employee allegations of discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment or other employment issues can lead to costly legal fees. This coverage can help alleviate the cost.
- Commercial Crime: Theft is a real risk in gas stations, from both employees and customers. They may commit various other criminal acts as well. This coverage offers financial protection in these circumstances.
- Pollution Liability: Whether you experience a gasoline leak or some other event that can be classified as pollution, this coverage can help pay the associated expenses.
- Workers Compensation: Iowa law requires businesses to carry workers compensation insurance not only to protect the business from lawsuits, but to also protect injured workers.
Exceed Insurance can work with you to diagnose and insure your operational risks. If you operate a gas in Des Moines, you likely face a different type of risk than you face in Sioux City. Therefore, you need a unique, effective insurance policy.
We collaborate with multiple insurance carriers. Each of these insurers has a strong presence, both in Iowa and nationally. Therefore, you can get a policy that has the strength and reputation to adequately meet your needs.
Our skilled agents can help you build a gas station or convenience store insurance policy to best meet your needs. Contact us today to get started!