Indiana Grocery Store Insurance Programs
Indiana Grocery Store Industry Snapshot
- Business Insider ranked Kroger as the most popular chain grocery store in Indiana.
- The grocery wholesale industry employed over 13,000 people in 2008.
- Indiana is a significant producer of corn, soybeans, chicken, pork and dairy products. The state’s agriculture industry is valued at over $31 billion.
Indiana Grocery & Food Store Insurance
Every community needs a grocery store. Therefore, whether you operate a large chain or a small food-supply business, you’re likely playing a big role in your community. Your customers might rely solely on your store as their source of food supplies.
To remain committed to your customers, you have to be committed to your business. Operating your store requires you to pay attention to money, safety, inventory and other finer details. If something were to happen that harmed you, your customers or your property, the damage might prove devastating. You don’t want to sink your business while trying to recover. So, what options do you have?
Most businesses in the grocery industry take out several forms of insurance on their operations. Various forms of coverage often provide effective protection in the event of problems. With a policy from Exceed Insurance, business owners can access coverage for:
- Property Coverage: This helps protect the business’ physical assets. It often can cover the building, inventory, shelving, fixtures, office equipment and cash registers.
- General Liability: There’s always a chance someone could get hurt on your property. If they hold the company responsible, you might have to pay. You can use this coverage to help settle what you owe.
- Products Liability: You want to sell a foolproof product, but there is always some embedded risk. Something you sell could always harm one of your customers. Just like general liability insurance, this coverage can help you if items sold in your store harm someone else.
- Workers Compensation: This coverage provides supplementary income for employees injured on the job. It might help them pay for medical bills, lost wages or other costs. Most states have laws requiring businesses to offer coverage.
- Loss of Use: You don’t want a damaging event to force you to close your business’ doors. That could mean a loss of income. But, if the worst happens, this coverage can step in. It can help you still pay your bills and reopen still in the clear.
- Advertising Injury: You need to publicize your grocery store, and that means advertising. But, third parties might allege that you published inaccurate information, violated someone’s privacy or copied advertising. They might even claim you committed slander or libel. This coverage protects your business if someone claims an advertising injury.
- Equipment/Machinery Breakdown: Should vital equipment break – such as air conditioning or refrigeration systems - this coverage can help repair those items.
Here at Exceed Insurance
, we understand how tough running a grocery store can be. That’s why we want to help each and every one of our customers find the appropriate coverage they need. Every policy we sell will come backed by in-depth research that guarantees you will receive the correct coverage at the most affordable prices. Consider it a custom-tailored fit for your business needs.
Our goal isn’t just to sell insurance. We want to be a support system whenever you need help with your coverage. So, whether you’re starting to look for a policy, or have questions about your existing coverage, we are ready to help. Get started with a free quote today.