Illinois Gas Station Insurance Programs
Illinois Gas Station Industry Snapshot
- There are currently 1,460 properties in the Illinois gas station/convenience store industry
- Illinois has 154,000 guest rooms and 144,090 gas station/convenience store jobs
- Chicago’s accommodation tax rose from 16.4% to 17.4% in 2016
Illinois Gas Station/Convenience Store Insurance Programs
Its considerable size and highway infrastructure makes Illinois a potentially lucrative market for gas station and convenience store operations. You can run a profitable business in this market, but you also face considerable operating risks.
Without the correct business insurance, you could face crippling losses should a hazard impact your gas station. Exceed Insurance is here to help. Our team can help you get the right coverage to meet your store’s needs in Chicago, Springfield or other Illinois locations.
Each of our policies can address unique hazards and perils common to gas stations and convenience stores. Gas station insurance coverage options can help protect your business, its property and your financial assets.
- Property Coverage: This coverage protects your building and your business’ personal property. Should you face a hazard, coverage can help you make repairs. Our property coverage form helps fund repairs from pumps and canopies to fuel tanks and inventory.
- Business Income Coverage: An incident may mean you have to suspend operations. This could lead to a loss of revenue. Business income coverage can help you sustain any losses.
- Equipment Breakdown: Broken air conditioning systems, refrigeration, and cooktops can all be costly expenditures without the right insurance. This coverage helps fund repairs so you don’t lose revenue fixing it alone.
- General Liability: Guests or other third parties who suffer a loss on your property because of any negligence may seek damages. This could be as simple as a slip and fall from a wet floor. This coverage offers protection against these financial consequences.
- Employment Practices Liability: Employee allegations of discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment or other employment issues can lead to costly legal fees. This coverage can help alleviate the cost.
- Commercial Crime: Theft is a real risk in gas stations, from both employees and customers. They may commit various other criminal acts as well. This coverage offers financial protection in these circumstances.
- Pollution Liability: Whether you experience a gasoline leak or some other event that can be classified as pollution, this coverage can help pay the associated expenses.
- Workers Compensation: Illinois law requires businesses to carry workers compensation insurance not only to protect the business from lawsuits, but to also protect injured workers.
Exceed Insurance understands that every gas station operator is unique. A client in waterfront Chicago will likely need different coverage than someone in downstate Champaign. Therefore, we collaborate with insurers that have strong local, regional and national networks. Each of our insurance partners has a trusted foothold in Illinois. That connection will help us get you the correct policy at an affordable price.
Our skilled agents can help you build a gas station or convenience store insurance policy to best meet your needs. Contact us today to get started!