Bakery Workers

Every business needs quality insurance. It helps stop financial losses your company may face.

If you own a bakery, deli, or a similar shop, you need the proper business insurance in place. It can help you keep your doors open if mistakes happen. It also helps you prevent financial loss in situations you cannot control. What type of coverage is right for your location? Here are some things to consider.

Property Insurance

You likely own or lease a piece of real estate. You operate your business out of it. It has equipment, inventory, furnishings, computer systems, and the food you sell. Each one of these items is an asset. Your company relies on them. Property insurance is essential for all bakeries and delis that own or lease space.

Liability Insurance

Liability insurance helps you when customers or others suffer a loss as a result of your service. A customer may slip, fall and get hurt, for example. This coverage can help with claims of food-borne illness, as well. It can also help in situations where your business sells a defective product — such as a cake that is no longer edible. And it can help defend you in a court of law, if such a case goes to court.

Commercial Auto Insurance

Many delis and bakeries deliver food to other locations. You may use a van or truck to do this. You need ample commercial auto insurance in place in these cases. It helps provide protection for the vehicle as well as liability insurance against losses you might cause to other drivers. Each vehicle and each driver should be on your policy.

Workers Compensation Insurance

Most bakeries and delis will need to have employees. They can get hurt or become ill on the job. If they do, you could be liable for their medical losses. Workers compensation insurance can help cover those costs. It helps protect you and your employees.

Many business insurance solutions, such as a BOP (or Business Owners Policy), may help to meet your needs. You may also need coverage for professional liability if you offer consulting services. And you may wish to consider special coverage for flooding or a mechanical equipment breakdown. Work with your Exceed Insurance agent to ensure you have the right balance of coverage for your unique needs. If you need to file a claim, your agent is there to help you.

Contact Us

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2013

View Mobile Version
Berkshire Hathaway Guard
The Hartford
Liberty Mutual
Indiana Farmer
Universal Property
State Auto
© Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Powered by Insurance Website Builder.